Anyone could suddenly face the need to speak to a car accident attorney in Las Vegas. Accidents occur on the surface streets and highways every day. While it is impossible to be fully prepared for an emergency, drivers can do a number of things to ensure they react properly before speaking to an attorney.
- Always carry an emergency kit in the car. The kit should contain emergency flares, a disposable camera, a notepad, an insurance card, something to write with and a medical card listing any important medical information about the driver and every member of the family.
- After the accident, check all passengers for injuries and call for an ambulance if there is any question someone needs medical attention.
- Report the accident to the local police, even if the incident appears to be minor.
- Never leave the scene of an accident before the police arrive.
- Write down any notes pertinent to the incident. Include a summary of damage to all vehicles and a list of names with contact information for any eyewitnesses at the scene.
- Take photos of the scene from multiple angles. Capture images of the surrounding area, vehicle damage and injuries.
- Regardless of who you think caused the accident, do not admit fault to anyone. You will be under a great deal of stress and you may not be aware of all the facts.
- Anything you say may be used against you later. Limit all conversation about the incident to the police and your insurance agent until you consult with a lawyer.
- Unless it is a police report or paperwork from your insurance agent, do not sign any documents before an attorney has had the opportunity to review them.
- Seek immediate medical help from a licensed physician if you receive any injuries.
Free Consultation With Our Auto Accident Lawyers
The law professionals at Greenman, Goldberg, Raby, and Martinez have the experience, resources and expertise to protect the rights of car accident victims. Contact our auto accident lawyers at 702-388-GGRM (4476) today and schedule a free initial consultation with a qualified attorney in Las Vegas.